The LaughActive® Trademarks are important business assets of LaughActive, LLC and should be treated with a high level of care. People around the world, including our company, rely on our trademarks to identify our products and services and to distinguish them from those of our competitors. As the creators of laughter-based fitness products and services LaughActive takes great pride in its products and programs and works relentlessly to improve its products and services.
If LaughActive trademarks became “generic” in a particular area, they might cease to protect consumers and the company from knowing the source of its products and services – anyone may be able to use them without concern of a trademark infringement claim, creating confusion in the marketplace. This is because the word or symbol would no longer indicate to the public that the products or services bearing the LaughActive® Trademarks originate from one source, namely, LaughActive, LLC.
We respectfully request that you support our efforts to enforce the LaughActive® Trademarks and take steps to use them properly and avoid confusion or potential misuse that may yield liability. If you have any questions concerning the proper use of the LaughaActive® trademarks, contact us via our support page.
THE WORD LAUGHACTIVE® DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING
The word LaughActive® was coined by our company and is an arbitrary or fanciful word we selected as the original brand name that identifies LaughActive’s fitness programs and related products. The LaughActive® brand name and related word and logo trademarks should only be used to indicate the source of our particular programs and related products and should not be used to refer to any fitness program or goods or services other than LaughActive’s and its authorized licensees’ programs.
THE LAUGHACTIVE® TRADEMARKS
Trademark offices around the world provide our company with legal means for protecting consumers, licensees, distributors and our company from imitation and infringing or counterfeit products and programs. These rights include the exclusive right to use our trademarks in the countries where they are registered. Our registered trademarks enjoy a presumption of validity around the world. Proper use of our trademarks serves to distinguish LaughActive® products and services from the products and services of other companies, prevents the likelihood that consumers are confused, and helps prevent damage to our marks, including, for example, tarnishment, dilution, and genericization. In the United States, LaughActive® is a registered trademark of LaughActive, LLC. We also have trademark rights in the following LaughActive Terms: PUTTING THE FUN IN FITNESS™, EXERCISE ENHANCED BY LAUGHTER™, and LAUGHTER-BASED EXERCISE™. LaughActive has filed for variations of LaughActive® trademarks and logos worldwide and already owns trademark registrations in most countries, including all members of the European Community, most of North and South America, Asia and Oceania.
WHO MAY USE THE LAUGHACTIVE® TRADEMARK AND LOGO?
Only those licensed by LaughActive, LLC (including current LaughActive Instructors) have any rights to use the LaughActive® Trademarks. Licensees are required by contract and law to follow the guidelines in their written license agreements. LaughActive Members can review the Membership & License Agreement by logging into their LaughActive Instructor account and visiting the LaughActive Instructor License and Support page. We ask that our licensees and enthusiasts of the LaughActive® program everywhere contact us immediately if they become aware of any unauthorized or improper use of the LaughActive® Trademarks.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING TRADEMARK USAGE RULES
- USE THE SERVICE OR PRODUCT’S GENERIC NAME: It is important to use the LaughActive® Trademarks to describe the generic name of the products and services. At a minimum, use the generic term after the trademark in each written communication, the first time the marks appear, and in headers or highly visible locations. And always use the trademark indicators ® and ™ after the trademark. Examples: LaughActive® fitness program, LaughActive ® routines, LaughActive ® fitness classes®
- USE A TRADEMARK NOTICE: We require the use of the ® trademark notice one or more times in all printed materials and advertising. Registered Marks in USA requiring ® symbol: LaughActive®
- USE THE TRADEMARK DISTINCTIVELY: The first letter in Laugh and Active in the LaughActive® Trademarks should be capitalized. LaughActive® contains no spacing between Laugh and Active. You can also underline LaughActive or put LaughActive in italics.
- USE THE FOLLOWING TRADEMARK DESIGNATION: LaughActive®, [insert other Marks including Specialty programs, etc.] and the LaughActive logos are trademarks of LaughActive, LLC, used under license.
- AVOID VARIATIONS: Do not change the spelling, insert hyphens or combine two words into one. (Incorrect: “You’ll love LaughActive-mania”)
- AVOID USING THE LAUGHACTIVE® TRADEMARK AS A TRADE OR COMPANY NAME: It is incorrect to use or refer to the LaughActive® Trademarks as a trade name (e.g., company name or facility name). For example, don’t name your company with LaughActive® in the title. Name your company something else and say that it offers the LaughActive® program or classes.
- LAUGHACTIVE® TRADEMARKS SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS: With the letter “L” in “Laugh” or “A” in “Active” not capitalized—For example, laughactive or Laughactive. Misspelled — For example, “LaffActive” is not allowed. As part of a trade name — For instance, “The California LaughActive Center” is not allowed. To advertise programs or products not affiliated with LaughActive, LLC.
- USE OF THE LAUGHACTIVE® LOGOS LaughActive Logos were designed to designate products and services developed by LaughActive, LLC and may be used by licensees in their exact form and only to advertise and promote LaughActive programs and products. Under no circumstances may the LaughActive® Logos be used, without LaughActive, LLC’s express written consent, to manufacture and sell products such as clothing or any other merchandise. LaughActive members have access to the correct and current format of the LaughActive® Logos in the Marketing Materials. LaughActive® Logos are not to be used in any form that vary from the samples provided and must not be used in combination with any other trade names, trademarks or logos.
This information is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. If you have specific legal questions, you are urged to consult your own lawyer concerning your situation.